Feta Cheese Snowball with Olive Relish
This piquant combination redefines cheese spreads. A bed of garlic-infused mixed olives and red bell peppers complements the creamy feta cheese ball.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened*
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pine nuts or slivered almonds, toasted**
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata or other black olives, sliced
- 3/4 cup pitted green olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kellogg's® Town House® Original crackers Buy Now
1. In small mixing bowl beat cream cheese and feta cheese on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in pine nuts or almonds and onion. Using plastic wrap, shape into ball. Wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together black olives, green olives, parsley, oregano, bell pepper, oil, lemon juice and garlic.
3. Place cheese on serving platter. Surround with olive mixture. Serve with crackers.
*NOTE: Soften cream cheese in microwave at high for 15 to 20 seconds.
**NOTE: To toast pine nuts or almonds, spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once or twice.