Feta Black Bean Tabbouleh
The very best of savory summertime eating! All of your favorite Mediterranean flavors come together in this delicious main-course salad. With the rich, earthy taste of black beans and sharp, salty feta, this stunning salad is brightened with the fresh flavors of lemon and mint. Use fresh-from-the- garden tomatoes for the ultimate summer meal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 4 hour 20 minutes
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups chopped, seeded cucumber
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
1. In fine mesh colander place bulgur. Rinse under cold running water for 1 minute. Drain well. In medium bowl combine bulgur, cucumber, beans, parsley, onion, lemon juice, mint, oil and pepper. Stir until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
2. Stir KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN COMPLETE Wheat Flakes cereal, tomato and cheese into mixture. Serve on lettuce-lined salad plates, if desired.