Feta-Basil Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Feta cheese and fresh basil tucked under the chicken skin gently seasons the meat while grilling. This entrée is special enough for company.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (3 oz.)
- 1/4 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 chicken breast halves (about 3 1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1. Spray cold grill rack with nonstick spray. In food processor bowl place basil leaves. Cover and process until chopped. Add feta cheese, KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKE crumbs, Parmesan cheese and garlic. Cover and process until combined.
2. Use your fingers to gently loosen skin from chicken breast pieces, keeping the skin attached to meat around edges as much as possible. Stuff cheese mixture between chicken skin and meat. Secure edges of skin to chicken with toothpicks, if necessary. Generously sprinkle with pepper.
3. Prepare grill for indirect cooking. Place chicken, bone side down, on grill rack. Cover and grill indirectly over medium heat about 50 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove toothpicks, if used.