Festive Sausage Bites
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound fully-cooked smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (12 oz.) cranberry-orange relish
- 3/4 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or soy sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Cut sausage pieces in half. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In small bowl stir together reserved juice and cornstarch. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan combine relish, catsup, syrup, soy sauce, allspice and mustard. Stir in sausage and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to boil.
3. Stir in drained pineapple chunks and cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until mixture returns to boil. Boil for 1 minute. Transfer to chafing dish or 1 1/2-quart electric slow cooker. Keep warm. Serve with crackers.