Festive Fruit Wreaths
Nutty, fruity and chewy, these colorful wreaths make a very merry dessert for any holiday festivity.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts
- Mulit-colored candies (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, dates, red cherries, green cherries and nuts. Stir until well coated.
3. Transfer cereal mixture to wax paper. Using buttered hands shape mixture into wreath approximately 8 inches in diameter. Decorate with candy and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add vanilla, stirring until combined. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.