Fennel-Onion Batter Rolls
Fennel and onion give these rolls a slightly sweet, distinctly Italian flare. The perfect accompaniment to chicken cacciatore and a fresh, green salad.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package (2 1/4 teasppon) dry yeast
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
1. In large mixing bowl combine 1 1/4 cups of the flour and yeast. In small saucepan stir together milk, honey, butter, fennel, onion, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until just warm (120°F to 130°F). Add milk mixture and egg to flour mixture. Beat on low speed of electric mixer until just combined. Increase speed to high. Beat for 3 minutes.
2. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup flour and cereal. (Batter will be sticky.) Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Portion batter evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Loosely cover and let rise in warm place for 20 minutes.
4. Bake at 350°F about 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack. Serve warm.