Favorite Chocolate Cake
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Stir together crumbs, flour, cocoa powder, soda and salt; set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together sugar and mayonnaise until smooth.
Stir in dry ingredients, mixing until combined. Add water and vanilla,
blending thoroughly. Pour into greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
3. Bake in 350°F oven about 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near
center comes out clean. When cool, frost with Fluffy White Frosting.
4. To make frosting: Combine flour and small amount of the milk in small
saucepan, mixing until smooth. Add remaining milk, stirring until combined.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened. Cool
In small electric mixer bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until light and
fluffy. Add cooled milk mixture and vanilla, beating until smooth and no sugar
granules remain. Frost cake and refrigerate. Serve cold and keep remaining