This spectacular fruit tart is as stunning as it is gorgeous! Cinnamon, nutmeg, and All-Bran® cereal infuse the tender crust with a spicy, delicately nutty taste - a perfect counterpoint to the sweet-tart filling made with lemon yogurt and fresh fruit. Serve this lovely dessert at a spring baby or wedding shower.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup OR Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 package (1 tbs.) unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 1/3 cups (12 oz.) lemon, low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen strawberries
- 2 medium nectarines, sliced
- 1/4 cup black cherry halves, pitted
- 1 kiwi fruit peeled, sliced
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, flours, salt,
spices and sugar. Using pastry blender, cut margarine into cereal mixture until
mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With fork, stir in two tablespoons cold water,
mixing until evenly combined.
2. With back of spoon, press cereal mixture evenly in bottom and on side of 9-inch
tart or pie pan to form crust.
3. Bake at 350° F about 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool completely.
4. In small saucepan, soften gelatin in the 1/4 cup cold water for 5 minutes. Cook
over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat. Gradually
add hot gelatin to yogurt, stirring constantly. Pour into cooled crust and refrigerate
about 1 hour or until yogurt is set.
5. In small saucepan, combine jelly and cornstarch, mixing until smooth. Add
strawberries. Cook over medium heat until strawberries thaw and mixture begins
to boil, stirring constantly. Continue cooking 2 minutes longer. Strain hot mixture,
discarding berry pieces. Cool until lukewarm.
6. Arrange remaining fruit over top of set yogurt. Brush with cooled strawberry glaze.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set.