Fancy Chocolate Pancakes
Seduction at the breakfast table? These rich chocolate pancakes topped with luscious raspberry sauce are sure to tempt even the most intractable breakfast-skipper. And with a quarter of your calcium and daily recommended fiber intake in a single serving, there's really no reason to resist!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Stir together flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
2. In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let
stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg whites and oil. Beat well. Add
flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
3. Using 1/4-cup measure, portion batter onto greased, preheated griddle. Cook
until lightly browned on both sides, turning once. Dust with powdered sugar.
Serve hot, garnished with warm raspberry sauce.
4. To make sauce, drain raspberries, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice
to make 1 cup. In small saucepan, combine cornstarch and juice, mixing until
smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Continue
cooking and stirring 1 minutes longer. Remove from heat. Stir in raspberries.
Serve warm over hot Chocolate Pancakes.