Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 4 hour 20 minutes
- 3 cups chopped eggplant
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups chopped summer squash
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt (optional)
- Pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup pinenuts, toasted*
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil
- Kellogg's® Toasteds® Buttercrisp crackers Buy Now
1. In large skillet cook eggplant, red pepper, green pepper, onion and garlic in 2 tablespooons of oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add zucchini, summer squash and remaining oil. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until eggplant starts to brown.
2. Stir in tomatoes and vinegar. Cook and stir for 4 to 6 minutes more or unti liquid evaporates and eggplant is very tender. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Sprinkle with pinenuts and basil. Serve with crackers.
*NOTE: To toast pinenuts, spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once or twice.