A savory surprise that's perfect for Sunday brunch. Serve these "brancakes" hot off the griddle topped with fresh, homemade Italian-style tomato-and-green pepper sauce. Buon appetito!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped ripe fresh tomatoes (about 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 small clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh parsley
1. In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Stir in milk, salt, and pepper. Add KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran Flakes cereal and onion. Stir to combine. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal is softened. Stir again.
2. To prepare Tomato Sauce; combine all ingredients except parsley in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Reduce heat and cook about 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently. Stir in parsley.
3. Drop brancake mixture, 2 tablespoons at a time, onto greased, preheated griddle or frypan, spreading slightly. Cook until lightly browned on both sides, turning only once. Serve hot with Tomato Sauce.