Easy Spicy Bean Dip
This party-great south-of the-border stunner is super-nutritious and super-good! Best of all, it's simple to make fresh from scratch. You'll start with fiber-rich dried beans and add green onion, garlic, tomato, fresh cilantro and even more fiber from All-Bran® cereal. It's sure to become your all-time-favorite party dip!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 can (15.5 oz) pinto beans
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup medium picante sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons non-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped, seeded tomato
1. Drain beans, reserving liquid. Place beans, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, picante
sauce, onions, garlic salt, cumin, pepper sauce and 1/2 cup of the reserved bean
liquid into food processor bowl. Using metal blade, process about 1 minute or until
smooth. Place mixture in microwave-safe 1-quart bowl. Stir in cilantro. Cover loosely.
2. Microwave at HIGH about 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring twice during
3. Pour into serving dish. Dollop with sour cream and sprinkle with green onions and
tomato. Serve with baked tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.