Easy Potstickers 2
Easier, tastier and fresher than take out! Rather than relying on the usual ground pork, these yummy pot stickers get a nutrition boost from ground turkey, Napa cabbage and All-Bran® cereal. And since the recipe calls for prepared wonton wrappers, they're simple and fun to make. A delicious break from the everyday dinner.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup finely chopped bok choy or napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/3 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. In small bowl mix together turkey, bok choy, KELLOGG’S ALL-BRAN BRAN BUDS cereal, onions, 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce and gingerroot.
2. Place about 2 teaspoons of turkey mixture on one wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with water. Fold one corner over filling to opposite corner. Firmly pinch edges to seal. Place, point side up, on baking sheet lightly sprinkled with flour. Repeat with remaining turkey mixture and wrappers. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
3. In 12-inch nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Arrange half of the potstickers, points up, in hot oil. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. 4. Carefully pour 2/3 cup of the water into skillet. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes more. Increase heat to medium-high. Uncover, cook for 3 to 5 minutes more or until filling is no longer pink and water evaporates. Keep warm while cooking remaining potstickers, using remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining 2/3 cup water. 5. Meanwhile, stir together remaining soy sauce, vinegar and red pepper. Serve as dipping sauce with potstickers. Yield: 30 potstickers; 1/3 cup dipping sauce (for nutritional analysis purposes, I estimate that only 3 tablespoons of the dipping sauce are actually consumed.); 10 servings