Easy Chocolate Cookie Recipe
One easy recipe, two yummy cookies! Divide this dough in two and make one-half rich chocolate and the other half a fruity, chewy mix of dried cherries and dates. A perfect two-for-one flavor combo for your next cookie exchange or dessert tray!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 squares (2 oz.) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
1. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Add flour
mixture, mixing until combined. Spoon half the dough into separate bowl.
3. Into half the dough, stir cooled, melted chocolate. Into remaining half, stir nuts and
fruit. Drop dough by teaspoon onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. If
desired, decorate chocolate cookies with walnut halves and fruit cookies with halved
4. Bake at 375° F about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking
sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.