Easy Banana Bread
A classic quick bread gets a hearty makeover with the help of a full cup of All-Bran® cereal! This deliciously moist bran banana bread is sure to be a family favorite. Give it a starring role in your next Sunday brunch buffet ? and wait for the rave reviews!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 10 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups mashed, fully ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped nuts
1. Stir together flour, baking powder and soda. Set aside.
2. In small mixing bowl, stir together bananas, milk and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Let stand 5 minutes or until cereal softens.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat margarine and sugar until thoroughly combined. Add eggs. Beat well. Stir in cereal mixture and nuts. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread batter evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350° F about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before slicing.