Easter Marshmallow Rice Krispies Treats™
Brightly colored marshmallow bunnies or chicks color this marbled version of Rice Krispies Treats®.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine (divided)
- 1 package (3 1/2 oz.) pink marshmallow bunnies or chicks
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 package (3 1/2 oz.) yellow marshmallow bunnies or chicks
- 1 package (3 1/2 oz.) blue marshmallow bunnies or chicks
1. In medium saucepan melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over low heat. Add pink marshmallow bunnies and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add 2 cups of the KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Spoon into 5 or 6 mounds in 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Using clean medium saucepan repeat step 1, using 1 more tablespoon butter, yellow marshmallow bunnies and 2 cups more of the cereal.
3. Using clean medium saucepan repeat step 1, using remaining butter, blue marshmallow bunnies and remaining cereal. Use buttered spatula or wax paper to evenly press mixture in the pan. Cool. Use 2- to 3-inch cookie cutter coated with cookie spray to cut out desired shapes. Best if served the same day.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.