Easter Basket Treats™
Your kids will love filling these teeny, tiny Easter baskets with green coconut "grass" and chocolatey "eggs."
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 9-inch-long pieces peel-apart licorice
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- 2/3 cups canned white frosting
- 3/4 cup M&M'S® brand peanut chocolate candies
1. In small bowl combine water and food coloring. Place coconut in resealable plastic bag. Add food coloring mixture. Seal bag. Toss until coconut is tinted green. Transfer coconut to piece of wax paper to dry. Cut each licorice piece into two 4 1/2-inch lengths. Peel licorice pieces apart into sixteen 4 1/2-inch-long pieces. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using 1/3-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into eighteen portions. Using buttered hands firmly press sixteen of the portions into 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups. Use the remaining two portions of cereal mixture to attach licorice pieces as basket handles. Cool completely.
5. Remove baskets from muffin-pan cups. Spread about 2 teaspoons frosting in each basket. Top with tinted coconut. Arrange 3 to 4 M&M'S brand peanut chocolate candies in each basket. Best if served the same day.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.