These simple and versatile drop biscuits get their pleasing tang from a cup of buttermilk. They're great for strawberry shortcake, or hot from the oven with butter and jam.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpse flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
1. Combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and buttermilk. Let stand about 2 minutes
or until cereal softens.
2. In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Using pastry
blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cereal
mixture, stirring only until combined. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased
3. Bake at 450° F oven about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.