Double-Stuffed Turkey Potatoes
Get a jump on this one-dish meal. The saucy turkey mixture and cheesy potato filling can be stuffed into the potato shells up to a day before serving. When dinner time rolls around, just bake them and top with additional cheese
Prep Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour
- 4 medium baking potatoes (about 2 1/4 lbs. total)
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (3 oz.)
1. Scrub potatoes thoroughly with brush. Pat dry. Prick potatoes with fork. Place in shallow baking pan. Bake at 425° F for 55 to 65 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven. Let stand for 20 to 30 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
2. Meanwhile, in large skillet cook turkey, onion and garlic until turkey is no longer pink, stirring to break up large pieces. Drain off any fat. Stir in tomato sauce, cereal, carrot, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until heated through. Remove from heat.
3. Lengthwise cut each potato in half. Use spoon to scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shell. Place pulp in medium bowl. Set aside. Place potato shells, cut sides up, in shallow baking pan. Set aside.
4. Use spoon to break up large pieces of potato pulp. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese. Mound turkey mixture and potato mixture in shells by alternating spoonfuls.
5. Bake potatoes, uncovered, at 375° F about 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° F for 2 to 3 minutes more or until cheese melts.