Double Chocolate Cupcakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Kellogg's Frosted Flakes® cereal
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt; set aside.
2. In 2-quart saucepan cook cereal, cocoa, milk and butter over medium
heat, stirring constantly, just until mixture starts to boil. Remove from heat.
3. Add flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Stir in egg and vanilla. Portion dough into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan
cups lined with paper or foil bake liners. Sprinkle tops with chocolate morsels and walnuts (if desired).
4. Bake in 350° F oven about 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean. Cool completely.