Double Apple Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Apple Jacks® cereal Buy Now
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pared tart apples
1. Crush KELLOGG'S APPLE JACKS cereal to measure 1 cup. Place in medium-size mixing bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition. Fold in apples. Spread batter evenly in greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch pan.
3. Bake at 350° F about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.