Dilled Potato Chowder
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed, peeled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, crumbled (optional)
- null Kellogg's® Zesta® Original crackers Buy Now
1. In medium saucepan cook carrot, celery and onion in margarine or butter until tender. Add broth, potatoes, dillweed, salt, mustard and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
2. In small bowl gradually stir milk into flour. Stir into potato mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, until boiling. Boil for 1 minute. Ladle into serving bowls. Top with bacon, if desired. Serve with crackers.
*NOTE: For Swiss Dilled Potato Soup, just before serving stir 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese into hot soup until melted. Omit bacon.