Dill Seed Bread Sticks
These yummy onion-and-dill bread sticks are great as a flavorful accompaniment to creamy tomato or potato soup, or on their own as a savory snack. An easy, kid-friendly yeast bread that the whole family will love!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot fat-free milk (120-130° F)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced, dry onion
1. In large electric mixer bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, sugar, yeast
and salt. Add milk to cereal mixture, beating on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping
2. Gradually add oil, bread flour and dill seeds. Beat on high speed 2 minutes,
scraping bowl frequently. Change beaters to dough hooks or by hand gradually add
whole wheat flour. Knead on mixer or by hand 5 minutes until dough is smooth and
satiny. Place in large mixing bowl, coated with cooking spray. Spray dough, coating
surface wiith cooking spray. Cover lightly and let rise in warm place until doubled.
3. Punch dough down and divide into 12 portions. Shape each portion into 10-inch
stick. Place about 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with egg white
and sprinkle with onion.
4. Bake at 400° F about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.