Delicious Cinnamon Twists
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's Frosted Flakes® cereal
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110°F to 115°F)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
1. Place KELLOGG'S FROSTED FLAKES cereal in shallow dish or pan. Stir in
nuts, the 1/4 cup sugar, and the cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Set aside.
3. Scald milk. Remove from heat. Pour into large mixing bowl. Add
shortening, the 3 tablespoons sugar, salt and vanilla, stirring until
shortening is melted. Let stand until lukewarm.
4. Stir in yeast mixture. Add half the flour, mixing until smooth. Add eggs,
one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add remaining flour to make a
soft dough. Mix until well combined. Cover lightly. Let rise in warm place
until double in volume (about 30 minutes).
5. Stir down dough. On lightly floured surface, divide into 16 pieces. With
fingers, gently roll each piece to make a 6-inch stick. Dip in melted
margarine. Coat with cereal mixture, twisting stick slightly. Place on
ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake at 375° about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.