Delicious Cheese Pie
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese. softened**
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1. Finely crush graham crackers. In small bowl toss together graham crumbs and magarine or butter. Reserve 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture on bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate.
2. In small mixing bowl beat egg whites on high speed of electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar, lemon juice and lemon peel. Beat until combined. Add egg yolks, beating until just combined.
4. Fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Bake at 325°F about 25 minutes or until almost set. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
*NOTE: Each cracker sheet measures about 5 x 2-inches and is scored into 4 pieces.
**NOTE: Soften cream cheese in microwave at high for 15 to 20 seconds.