Delicate Lemon Bread
Thanks to lemon cake mix and pudding, this lovely lemon bread has the moist, velvety texture of a rich lemon-poppy seed pound cake. For an elegant dessert, serve it at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream, sprinkled with fresh, ripe red raspberries. As heavenly to look at as it is to eat!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 package (18.5 oz.) lemon cake mix
- 1 package (3.75 oz.) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Stir together KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, cake mix, pudding mix, flour and
poppy seeds. Set aside.
2. In large mixer bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add water and vegetable oil. Mix
thoroughly. Add cereal mixture. Mix on low until all ingredients are moistened.
Beat 2 minutes longer on medium. Spread batter evenly in two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf
pans coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center
comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool
completely on wire racks before slicing.