Deep Dish Chicken Pie
Comfort food at its best--creamy sauced vegetables and chicken topped with a Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal enhanced pastry.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced potato (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) low sodium, low fat condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 11/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 package (11 oz.) pie crust mix
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 7 tablespoons cold water
1. In 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish, stir together chicken, carrots,
potato, onions and peas. In small mixing bowl, stir together condensed soup, milk,
salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Pour evenly over chicken mixture. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, stir together pie crust mix and KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES
cereal. Add water, stirring with fork until dough holds together. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons
additional water, if needed. On floured surface, roll out crust 1/4 inch thick, to fit
baking dish. Place over chicken mixture. Cut 4 steam slits in crust.
3. Bake at 375° F about 1 hour or until crust is lightly browned and vegetables are
tender. Test doneness by inserting tip of knife into one of the steam slits in crust.