Date Ring Delite
This old-fashioned date and nut cake is delicately flavored with orange and vanilla. Fresh dairy sour cream and a full cup of All-Bran® cereal create a tender texture. Serve this lovely dessert ring with whipped topping or ice cream.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 9 hour 55 minutes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely cut dates
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and sour cream.
Let stand until about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add margarine, sugar and
egg. Beat well. Stir in vanilla, walnuts, dates and orange peel. Set aside.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add to cereal mixture, stirring
only until combined. Spread evenly in 8-inch ring mold coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 30 minutes or until lightly browned and cake begins to pull
away from sides of pan. Remove from oven and cool about 10 minutes. Invert pan
on serving plate, to remove cake. Pour orange juice over cake. Cover and refrigerate
4. To serve, fill center of ring with whipped topping and sprinkle with additional grated
orange peel, if desired.