Dates, candied pineapple and ground mace lend a holiday flavor to these classic bran muffins. Try them on Christmas morning, with a steaming cup of coffee, or as a special treat to get your family out of bed and into the shopping mall on "Black Friday."
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup diced dates
- 1/3 cup diced candied pineapple
1. Stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and mace. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand
about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg whites, oil, dates and pineapple.
Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve
2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400° F about 23 minutes or until muffins are golden brown. Serve warm.