Date Nut Loaf
Try this Christmas-y quick bread for your next holiday brunch. Rich with chewy, sweet dates and earthy walnuts, it's sure to please young and old alike. A new tradition is born!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand
about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add eggs and oil. Beat well. Stir in nuts and
dates. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch
loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted near center comes
out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on wire rack