Yum! This flavorful quick bread gets its lively taste and delicate sweetness from chopped dates. Along with a full cup of All-Bran® cereal, dates also help make this a delicious treat. It's perfect with your morning coffee or afternoon tea.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
1. In large mixing bowl, pour boiling water over dates, shortening and KELLOGG'S
ALL-BRAN cereal. Let stand until cooled to room temperature. Add egg and vanilla.
2. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Add to cereal mixture
with nuts, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated
with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes
out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire