Date Bran Bars
Serve these rich, chewy, candy-like bars with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a special dessert. A lovely change from cakes and cookies – and a treat the whole family is sure to love.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
1. Stir together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Combine dates and boiling water. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine margarine, vanilla and egg. Beat well.
Alternately add flour mixture and orange juice. Mix well. Fold in dates,
KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and nuts. Spread evenly in 8 x 8 x 2-inch
baking pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350° F about 30 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
Cool in pan.