Curry Bran Chicken Salad
This sweet-and-sour chicken salad gets its lively flavor from fresh lemon juice, ginger, curry and pineapple chunks. A delicious main-dish salad that's perfect for your next formal luncheon or casual get-together. Serve on a bed of lettuce with slices of fresh cantaloupe for a presentation that's as fresh as the taste
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 30 minutes
- 2/3 cup plain, low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
1. In large mixing bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper, curry powder and ginger. Stir in chicken and vegetables. Cover and refrigerate several hours.
2. To serve, stir in pineapple and 1/2 cup of the KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal into the chicken salad. Place in lettuce lined bowl, if desired and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cereal over salad.
To serve individually, place peeled cantaloupe ring on lettuce lined luncheon plate. Portion chicken salad, about 2/3 cup, over cantaloupe and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cereal.