Exotic and richly scented curry powder takes a starring role in these fragrant biscuits, while buttermilk lends a pleasing tang. Exceptionally good filled with a creamy chicken salad, or stuffed with leftover turkey and cranberry sauce. A holiday for your taste buds!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup shortening
1. Combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and buttermilk. Let stand about 2 minutes
or until cereal softens.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and curry powder. Using pastry
blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cereal
mixture, stirring only until combined.
3. Turn dough out on lightly floured board and knead gently a few times. Roll out to
1/2 inch thickness. Cut with floured 1 3/4 inch biscuit cutter. Place on ungreased
4. Bake in 450° F oven about 12 minutes. Serve hot.