Curried Bran Biscuits
A whole new take on classic biscuits and gravy! The mild curry flavor of these tender, flaky biscuits makes them the perfect accompaniment to deluxe creamed turkey or rich chicken stew. They offer a tasty break from everyday dinners.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1. Measure KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk into small mixing bowl. Stir to
combine. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
2. In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and curry powder. Cut
in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cereal mixture, stirring
only until combined. On lightly floured surface, gently knead dough five times. Roll out
to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut with floured 1 3/4-inch biscuit cutter into 12 biscuits. Place
on ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake at 425° F about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately with
Deluxe Creamed Turkey, if desired.
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 carton (8 oz., 1 cup) sour cream
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cups cubed, cooked turkey
1 package (10 oz.) frozen peas, cooked and drained
1. In 2-quart saucepan, melt margarine. Add green pepper and onion. Cook over
low heat until tender, stirring constantly.
2. Add soup, sour cream and pepper to onion mixture, stirring until smooth. Gently
stir in turkey and peas. Cook until thoroughly heated.