Crunchy Peach Coffeecake
Sweet chunks of canned peaches bake in the batter of this tasty coffeecake.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups, divided Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original Buy Now
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 can (16 oz.) peach slices in light syrup, chopped
In small mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 c Special K cereal with the sugar and margarine; stirring until
crumbly. Set aside for topping.
1. Crush the remaining 1 cup cereal to fine crumbs. In mixing bowl combine cereal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Stir in milk and egg until well combined. Fold in peaches.
3. Spread batter evenly in greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
4. Sprinkle with topping.
5. Bake at 400°F about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cool.