Crunchy Lemon Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Apple Jacks® cereal Buy Now
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
1. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Beat shortening, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and lemon juice. Mix in flour mixture. Stir in crushed KELLOGG'S APPLE JACKS cereal. Drop by level measuring tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake at 350° F for 12 minutes or until center is firm to touch. Remove immediately from baking sheets. Cool.
4. Beat powdered sugar, butter, lemon juice and water until smooth. Spread over cookies. Decorate with additional KELLOGG'S APPLE JACKS, if desired.