Crunchy French Toast
The crispy coating on these French bread sandwiches contrasts nicely with the strawberries, cream cheese and preserves in the filling.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 slices 100% whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons strawberry preserves
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Spread 4 of the bread slices with cream cheese. Spread the remaining 4 bread slices with preserves. Top preserves with strawberries. Combine to make 4 sandwiches.
2. In shallow bowl whisk together eggs, egg whites and vanilla. Place crushed KELLOGG’S ALL-BRAN COMPLETE Wheat Flakes cereal on piece of wax paper. Dip both sides of each sandwich in egg mixture. Coat with cereal, gently pressing crumbs into bread.
3. In 12-inch nonstick skillet or on nonstick griddle, heat oil and butter over medium heat until butter melts. Add sandwiches. Cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden, turning once. (If necessary, cook 2 sandwiches at a time.) Diagonally cut each sandwich in half. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.