Crunchy Citrus Fish Fillets
Lemon, lime or orange peel adds a citrus flavor to the crispy coating on these baked fish fillets. Tilapia, whitefish or flounder fillets all work well in this recipe.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel, lime peel or orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves or basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound fresh or frozen fish fillets, thawed if frozen
1. On piece of wax paper toss together cereal, parsley, oil, lemon peel, salt, thyme and pepper. Place flour on another piece of wax paper. In shallow dish lightly beat together egg whites and water.
2. Cut fish into 4 serving-size pieces, if necessary. Coat fish with flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg white mixture. Roll in cereal mixture, gently pressing cereal mixture onto all sides. Place in single layer on baking sheet lined with foil and coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° F for 13 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon or orange wedges, if desired.