Crunchy Cinnamon Mix
Reminiscent of caramel corn, this crunchy snack mix combines popcorn, cereal, pecans and dried cherries.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 cups popped natural flavor microwave popcorn
- 4 cups
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Remove and discard any unpopped kernels from popcorn. In 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan lined with foil and coated with cooking spray combine popcorn, KELLOGG'S FIBERPLUS Cinnamon Oat Crunch cereal, pecans and cherries. Set aside.
2. In small saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt. Cook, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, over medium heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, without stirring, for 3 minutes more.
3. Remove pan from heat. Stir in cinnamon, baking soda and vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture in pan, gently stirring to coat. Bake at 300°F for 15 minutes. Stir. Bake at 300°F for 5 minutes more. Spread on large piece of foil coated with cooking spray to cool. Break into pieces. Store tightly covered for up to 1 week.