Crunchy Caramel Apples
Keebler® Grahams Honey crackers make an easy, crunchy topping for these slightly sweet poached apple slices.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 large cooking apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup light cranberry-apple or light cranberry-grape juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free caramel ice cream topping
1. In small skillet combine apple slices, juice and lemon peel. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 4 to 8 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
2. Spoon into two dessert dishes. Break KEEBLER Grahams Honey rectangular cracker sheets into 1/2-inch pieces. Sprinkle cracker pieces and pecans over apple. Drizzle with ice cream topping. Serve immediately.