Crunchy Bananas with Yogurt
Yum! This lovely dessert features fresh bananas steeped in a rich sauce made of brown-sugar and orange juice. All-Bran® cereal adds crunch, while Greek yogurt adds just the right zing. Serve it with scoop of French vanilla ice cream for a fresh take on Bananas Foster.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 large ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 8 teaspoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly coat shallow, 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Slice bananas in half. Then slice each half in half again lengthwise.
4. In medium sauce pan over medium high heat, place brown sugar, butter and orange juice. Melt together and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and gently place bananas in mixture, stirring lightly until all bananas are covered. Allow bananas to soak in mixture as it cools, approximately 5 minutes.
5. Place KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN COMPLETE WHEAT FLAKES cereal in a shallow dish. Remove bananas from mixture and roll in cereal until completely coated. Place bananas in single layer in prepared baking dish.
6. Bake 10-15 minutes or until bananas are fork tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes.
7. To serve place 2 banana slices on an individual serving plate. Top with 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt. Drizzle 1 teaspoon honey over yogurt. Repeat with remaining bananas, yogurt and honey.