Crunchy Apple Rings
Here's a wonderfully sweet and tender confection for anyone who craves apple fritters.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 medium apples, cored and sliced into thin rings
- 4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- Vegetable oil or shortening (for frying)
- Powdered sugar
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. In small mixing bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Add sugar. Beat until stiff but
not dry. Set aside. In second small mixing bowl, beat egg yolk with milk. Stir in
flour mixture until smooth. Fold in beaten egg white.
3. Dip apple rings in batter. Coat with crushed cereal. Fry in 1/4 inch oil at 385° F,
turning once, about 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper
towels. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve plain or with maple syrup. Serve warm.