For your next party, turn these classic family-favorite cereal snacks into festive cupcakes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1. Line twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups with paper or foil bake liners or place 12 silicone cupcake molds on baking sheet. Set aside.
2. With adult help, in large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and strawberry extract.
3. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated
4. Evenly divide warm mixture into prepared cupcake molds. Using buttered hands, gently press into molds, leaving tops slightly rounded.
5. Decorate with frosting, sprinkles and/or candies. Serve immediately or store uncovered in refrigerator for up to 12 hours. Remove from refrigerator one hour before serving.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Kid-friendly Kitchen Tips:
Children of all ages should have an adult assistant with them at all times when cooking.
1. Chefs, 7 and older, will try their hand at mixing the melted marshmallows and Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal together.
2. Younger chefs will have fun "patting" their treats into the muffin cups.
3. Everyone will enjoy frosting and decorating the cupcakes.