Crispy Warm Goat Cheese and Tomato Salad
Crispy-coated, warm disks of goat cheese, exquisite baby greens and juicy grape tomatoes compose this heavenly salad.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 2 1/2 cups Kellogg’s Corn Flakes® cereal (crushed to 1 1/4 cups) Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 cups torn mixed baby greens
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
1. Slice goat cheese into eight 1-ounce disks. Place each cheese disk between 2 layers of wax paper and slightly flatten to 1/2-inch thickness. Place in single layer on wax-paper-lined plate. Freeze about 30 minutes or until firm.
2. On another piece of wax paper combine KELLOGG’S CORN FLAKES cereal, green onion, dry mustard, salt and pepper. In shallow dish beat together egg and water. Dip goat cheese disks into egg, then into crumbs, pressing crumbs onto disks. Repeat coating disks twice.
3. In large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Fry cheese disks, half at a time, for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden, turning once. (Add more oil to skillet, if necessary.)
4. On four serving plates arrange greens and tomatoes. Top each salad with 2 warm cheese disks. Drizzle with salad dressing. Serve immediately.