Crispy Chocolate Crunch Mix
Savory Cheez-It® Original crackers and salty pretzel sticks mingle with crunchy, bite-size chunks of chocolate in this party mix. Keep it on hand for unexpected guests.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels or milk chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 1/4 cups Kellogg's® Crispix® cereal Buy Now
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Frosted Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 cups Sunshine® Cheez-It® Original Crackers Buy Now
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
1. Line baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
2. In heavy saucepan combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in KELLOGG’S CRISPIX cereal, KELLOGG’S COCOA KRISPIES cereal and peanuts. Spread in thin layer on prepared pan. Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until firm.
3. Break chocolate mixture into bite-size pieces. Place in resealable plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Toss until chocolate pieces are coated.
4. In serving bowl combine chocolate pieces, SUNSHINE CHEEZ-ITS Original crackers and pretzel sticks. Store leftovers in airtight container for up to 5 days.