Crispy Caramel Cups
A crunchy caramel mixture fills the center of these milk-chocolate cups, making them a family-favorite candy.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 1 package (11 1/2 oz., 2 cups) milk chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 48 mini-muffin paper cups
- 1 package (14 oz., about 49) vanilla caramels
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal Buy Now
1. In small saucepan, combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Stir over low heat until morsels melt and mixture is smooth. Measure 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture into bottom of each paper cup. Place paper cup in palm of hand. Rotate gently using rubber spatula to push chocolate up sides. Chill 30 minutes or until firm.
2. In 2-quart saucepan, combine caramels, margarine and water. Stir over low heat until caramels melt and mixture is smooth. Stir in KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Drop caramel mixture by rounded teaspoon into each chocolate cup, pressing in evenly. Chill 1 hour or until firm. Store in refrigerator.