Crispy Baked Crab Cakes with Spicy Rémoulade
Old-fashioned crab cakes take a healthy turn when coated with Special K® cereal and baked instead of fried. The bold sauce is a light version of the traditional accompaniment.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek-style yogurt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated fat-free egg product
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original
- 2 cans (4 1/4 oz. each) lump crabmeat, well drained
- Olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. In small bowl stir together 1/4 cup of the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, cumin, 1/8 teaspoon of the cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
3. In large bowl stir together remaining yogurt, remaining cayenne pepper, celery, onions, bell pepper, egg product, lime peel and garlic salt. Stir in 1/3 cup of the KELLOGG’S SPECIAL K cereal. Add crab meat. Mix well. Place remaining cereal in shallow dish.
4. Shape crab mixture into eight 1-inch-thick patties. Dip patties into cereal, coating both sides. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat tops of patties with additional cooking spray. Bake in preheated oven about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn patties. Bake about 10 minutes more or until lightly browned. Serve with reserved yogurt mixture.