Crispix Mix® Maple Cinnamon
What could be better than a maple-, cinnamon- and brown-sugar-coating over crunchy cereal and nuts?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 16 cups Kellogg's® Crispix® cereal Buy Now
- 3 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 3 cups Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries or dried cherries
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups candy-coated chocolate candies
1. In large bowl combine KELLOGG'S CRISPIX cereal, peanuts and cranberries. Spread on two 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar, maple syrup and salt. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in cinnamon, baking soda and vanilla.
3. Drizzle over cereal mixture. Stir until evenly coated.
4. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in candies. Cool completely. Store in airtight container.