Crispix Mix® Ginger Spice
Who says exotic has to be difficult? This innovative, sweet and savory snack, featuring coconut, soy sauce, ginger and dried fruit, is as easy as can be.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 7 cups Kellogg's® Crispix® cereal Buy Now
- 2 cups corn chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped mixed dried fruit (optional)
1. In 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan combine KELLOGG'S CRISPIX cereal, corn chips, coconut, almonds and sesame seeds. Set aside.
2. Stir together remaining ingredients, except fruit. Drizzle over cereal mixture. Stir until evenly coated.
3. Bake at 250° F for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir in dried fruit (if desired) for the last 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels. Cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Light butter or reduced calorie margarine can be substituted for regular butter or margarine.